Frequently Asked Questions
I’ve been in an accident/my car has been vandalized, what do I do next?:
- Your insurance adjuster will issue you a claim number and either book you an appointment to visit one of their claim centres or allow you to come into our location for your repairs. Bring your claim number and insurance papers with you when you come in for an estimate.
It is not necessary to make an appointment for an estimate at our facility, you can drop in whenever works best for you during business hours. If your schedule is limited, please give us a call and we will do our very best to accommodate you.
Do I have to pay my deductible?
- If you are not at fault for the accident and your deductible has been waived by your adjuster, you will not have to pay your deductible when you pick up your vehicle. If you are at fault for the accident or if liability is not yet determined, you are required to pay your deductible and your insurance company will reimburse you if your deductible is eventually waived. Please note in the case of Comprehensive or Hit and Run claims you are almost always required to pay your deductible. Be sure to ask your insurance adjuster about your deductible.
Do I get a loaner vehicle during the repairs?
- We will do our very best to ensure you have a loaner vehicle during the repair process. We have courtesy cars as well as a rental company on site for your convenience. While it does depend on your insurance coverage and who is at fault for the accident, we will do everything to ensure you have a loaner vehicle regardless of your circumstances. Please give us a call and one of our customer service representatives will be happy to discuss this further with you.
Can I drop my car off right away for repairs?
- We need to see your vehicle for an estimate first before we can begin the repairs. This is because we need to ensure we are able to have a loaner vehicle ready for you (if you require one) and to ensure all the parts needed to repair your vehicle have arrived. In some situations we are able to take your vehicle in the same day but this is done on a case-by-case basis. Please note if you have a Hit and Run claim we are required to get approval from your insurance company before beginning repairs.
How do I make an appointment for an estimate?
- You do not need an appointment for estimates; you can drop in anytime and have your vehicle assessed by one of our trained estimators. The process should take approximately 30 minutes. If your schedule is limited please give us a call and we will do our best to accommodate you. Please remember to bring your insurance papers and claim number with you.
I’ve been in an accident and I’ve told my insurance company that I want the vehicle towed to your facility, now what?
- Your insurance company will be in touch with us once they are ready to tow your vehicle to one of our locations. We will be in touch with you once your vehicle arrives to discuss loaner vehicle options, your estimate, receive authorization for repairs, etc.
Do you have a lifetime guarantee?
- Yes we are proud to provide all of our customers with our lifetime guarantee for as long as they own the vehicle. We stand behind all of our repairs to give customers the confidence to entrust us with the repairs of their vehicle. If you would like to discuss our lifetime guarantee further, please contact any one of our Carstar locations.
Do you do glass repairs?
- We are a proud to offer glass repair services to all of our customers. Whether it’s part of a larger claim or if all you need is glass, we can help you out! We offer this service at our location; call 604-882-1301 to make a glass claim with us or you can inquire at our location.
My windshield is cracked now what?
- If you are an insured customer, you don’t need to call them to generate a claim you just need to contact us and we can start the process for you. If you have private insurance you will need to contact them to generate a glass claim, then contact us with your claim number and we will do the rest!
Someone has broken my side window should I be making a glass claim or a comprehensive claim?
- You can make a glass claim but it’s likely that there is also damage to the body of your vehicle so we strongly encourage you to come in for us to take a look and assess the damage fully.
What will my glass deductible be?
- This varies depending on your coverage and insurance company. Be sure to check with your insurance company or with us when making your claim.
I have a small chip in my windshield; can you repair it instead of replacing the windshield?
- If you have a chip on your windshield that has not yet cracked, we should be able to fix it. Although that will not remove the chip it will prevent it from cracking. Be sure to ask us for more information!
Should I make a glass claim or comprehensive claim for rock chips on my windshield?
- If you get sprayed with rocks while driving you most likely have damage to the front of your vehicle not just the windshield. We recommend you come visit us or closely inspect your vehicle for chips. If you do have chips on the front of your vehicle you will need to make a rock chip claim for your windshield and vehicle. If you have any questions please give us a call or check with your insurance company.